Backstopping and technical advice
Skat provides long-term technical, management, conceptual and strategic support to governments, donors and NGOs. In some cases partnerships have continued for 10 years or more.
Skat offers in particular the following services:
- Backstopping of thematic desks of development agencies
- Backstopping of infrastructure projects and programmes
- Coaching of project and programme managers
- Facilitation and coaching of knowledge sharing networks
Examples of our mandates include:
- Backstopping of a water and sanitation project in Ukraine on behalf of SDC.
- Backstopping of SDC's Employment and Income Division.
- Support for the “water and sanitation” and “mobility and transport” divisions within SDC.
- Backstopping of the Helvetas Trail-Bridge Programme in Bhutan.
- Project management advice for district road programmes in Nepal.
Skat’s staff (personal references) has been:
- part of the backstopping team which supported the Division of Natural Resources and Environment at SDC by providing advise in energy matters, information and public relations management, conceptual work etc.